Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks






This is my favorite book written by Nicholas Sparks and without a doubt his finest.


I've read this book in a span of 2 days because I couldn't put the book down. At first, I was expecting the typical romance book but then it had surprised me with its suspense and nerve-wrecking plot. 


I'd say that this book is very different from the "Nicholas Sparks" style of writing. Why?


Well, aren't all of us, if not most of us thinks that it'll be all about boy meets girl then someone will die? Most of his books were written that way. Some people find his style a little bit ordinary  but for me his books are more than pieces of paper bind together. They bring you to a journey with life's reality. 


I specifically loved this book because of the friendship between Julie and her dog, Singer. Singer embodied many things such as bravery and love. 


Bravery; no matter what situation he was in, even when he was about to die he still defended Julie from Richard. And that wasn't the first time he defended her. He will put Julie's safety first. He was a real Guardian.


Love; for Singer mend Julie's heart for her longing of her dead husband. He was more than the "man's best friend" he was Julie's companion throughout the ups and downs of her life. He filled in the space in Julie's  heart. His love for Julie was so selfless he saved her up to his last breath.


Julie and Singer's friendship was the reality of loving someone despite his irritating habits and the truth that no matter what happens, love will always prevail. 


I cried when Singer died not only because it was a very tragic ending for him but also because upon reading this book, Nicholas Sparks made me know Singer. In every turn of the pages my heart move closer and closer to Singer. He made me love a fictional dog. 


I would give this book two thumbs up for its daring characters and its ability to make a reader ask for more.


YenPating18 © 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment